FOR LANDLORDS: Advertising a Place with UCDSU
UCDSU facilitates one way of advertising your room to a UCD student.
To advertise a property, first join the UCDSU Accommodation Support Facebook page. Here, local landlords advertise available rooms in shared houses and interested students can contact landlords directly. We stress that the landlord must advertise the property directly - UCDSU will not advertise the property on behalf of the landlord.
Please note the Students’ Union does not take calls, messages or visits from landlords to our offices. We are not providing any services to landlords. The Facebook page is simply a channel whereby you can advertise your spare room to our students free of charge.
Please note there is a list of minimum requirements in order to post on the UCDSU Accommodation Support Facebook page. UCDSU is moderating this page and ensuring that adverts meet these minimum criteria.
The property/room on offer must meet the minimum standards as set out in the Housing (Standards for Rented Houses) Regulations 2017. More information can be found on http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/housing/renting_a_home/repairs_maintenance_and_minimum_physical_standards.html
- Rent must be less than €650 per month for a single occupancy room (exclusive of bills)
- Rent must be less than €500 per person per month for a shared room (exclusive of bills).
Reasons why we would remove your advertisement:
- Your advertisement did not meet the minimum requirements.
- Your advertisement contained discriminatory language.
- Your advertisement appears to be a scam.
- A student requested for your advertisement to be removed
*Please note that UCDSU reserves the right to delete your advertisement without explanation. Please do not contact us if your advertisement is removed. We do not accept contact from landlords.
*Please note we are here for the benefit of students only and not a service for landlords. If your advertisement is not beneficial to our students, it will be removed without an explanation.
Tips to make an advertisement:
In order to best formulate your advert for the Facebook page, we would suggest that you answer the following questions within your post:
- Is this to be a 5 or 7-day rental?
- Is the property landlord occupied (digs)?
- Whereabouts is the property located, and what transport options are there to UCD?
- Is it a single, double, or twin room?
- What will the rent be per week/month, and will bills be extra on top of this?
- Are there any added benefits, for example, use of a TV room or WiFi?
- What will the mealtime arrangements be - will any/all meals be included, or will the student have kitchen access?
Do you have any photos of the room you could attach to the ad?
Provide phone number/email address potential tenants should use to contact you.