GOT A SPARE ROOM? ADVERTISING A PLACE WITH UCDSU
Every day UCD Students’ Union are approached by students who are struggling to find somewhere to live. We want to connect landlords and students seeking accommodation!
To advertise a property, join the UCDSU Accommodation Support Facebook page. Landlords can advertise rooms here and students can contact landlords directly.
Some things to consider when making your ad…
- Is it a single, double or twin room?
- What will the rent be per week/month and will bills be extra on top of this?
- Is the property landlord occupied (digs)?
- What will the mealtime arrangements be - will any/all meals be included, or will the student have kitchen access?
- Is this a 5 or 7 day rental?
- Where is the property located, and what transport options are there to UCD?
- Do you have any photos of the room you could attach to the ad?
- Have you provided a contact number or email address for potential tenants?
Landlords must advertise the property directly - UCDSU will not advertise the property on behalf of the landlord. Please note that UCD Students' Union does not take calls or visits from landlords to our offices. If you need any further information, please email Aífe at email@example.com
Minimum Requirements for posting in the Accommodation Facebook Group:
The property/room on offer must meet the minimum standards as set out in the Housing (Standards for Rented Houses) Regulations 2017. More information can be found on http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/housing/renting_a_home/repairs_maintenance_and_minimum_physical_standards.html
- Rent must be less than €650 per month for a single occupancy room (exclusive of bills)
- Rent must be less than €500 per person per month for a shared room (exclusive of bills).
Reasons why we would remove your advertisement:
- Your advertisement did not meet the minimum requirements.
- Your advertisement contained discriminatory language.
- Your advertisement appears to be a scam.
- A student requested for your advertisement to be removed
*Please note that UCDSU reserves the right to delete your advertisement without explanation. We are here for the benefit of students; if your advertisement is not beneficial to our students, it will be removed without an explanation.
Some useful links:
We strongly encourage both students and landlords to agree to and sign a tenancy and a right to reside agreement. Check out our samples by clicking here... Tenancy Agreement and Right to Reside
For more info on Digs vs. Private Rental, click here!