Dublin Bus is Back - Let’s Keep it Going
Over the past 30 years the evening bus service to Belfield has been hit ’n’ miss because of anti-social behaviour on buses leaving campus at night time. Bus unions told their drivers not to stop at UCD after 10pm. This meant that many students studying in the library, attending society events or training with sports clubs in the evening had issues getting home afterwards.
YOUR UNION HAS SPOKEN WITH BUS UNIONS + DUBLIN BUS.
We are delighted to say that Dublin Bus has resumed full services for UCD students.
If we want Dublin Bus to continue to stop at UCD we need to ensure that all drivers feel safe in their workplace. Check out our top tips for being sound on buses.
SOME EASY TIPS:
- Finish your drinks before heading out to the bus stop
- Don’t shout or cause loud noise - it can make passengers feel uncomfortable
- Be sound to bus drivers - they are part of the UCD Community too
- Don’t bang on the roof of the bus - not sound
- Don’t jump out in front of buses - surprisingly this is very dangerous
Keep in mind that you can be arrested by the Gardaí if you harass a driver/passenger or cause damage to a bus. Bus drivers may also report students through the UCD Dignity and Respect Policy.
Getting to UCD
Belfield, the main University College Dublin campus is located 4km south of Dublin city centre. The UCD Michael Smurfit Graduate School of Business is located on the campus at Blackrock, County Dublin.
Planning your route
Hit the Road shows you how to get to or from the UCD Campus using a combination of Dublin Bus, Luas and DART links. You can also change searching options and search how to get from point A to B anywhere in Dublin.
The UCD Commuting Services Map shows all the bus stops in and around UCD, all DART, LUAS and train stations, as well as car, bicycle and disabled parking areas on campus. You can get directions directly to those points and also check the real-time information in some of the stops.
- Dublin Bus provides a range of services to and from the Belfield campus.
- Bus Éieann provides a nationwide bus service with most major areas having a regular link to Dublin. The majority of Dublin services terminate in Busáras (Central Bus Station, Dublin) from where it is a short walk to O'Connell Street for connecting buses to UCD. Several Bus Éireann services from the Greater Dublin area directly serve the UCD Belfield Campus during morning peak times.
- Aircoach operates a bus service from Dublin Airport to Leopardstown/Sandyford/Stillorgan which passes UCD.
Please note that parking on the Belfield and Blackrock campuses is extremely limited.
There is usually an adequate number of taxis in operation in the city centre at any given time. It is possible to hail a taxi from the street, but convenient taxi ranks are located on O'Connell Street, Middle Abbey Street, Dame Street and St Stephens Green.
Dublin is served by two main railway stations: Connolly Station and Heuston Stations. It is a short walk from Connolly Station to O'Connell Street, where the Dublin Bus numbers 11 and 46A can be boarded for UCD. The route 145 provides a direct route from Heuston Station to Belfield via the city centre.